5 Spring Activities for the Whole Family
Take control of your child’s allergies while you play in your backyard, or go on an adventure to seize the spring season.
Encourage kids to get outdoors and be curious with a backyard scavenger hunt!
- Make a list of kid-safe objects children might find in your backyard.
- Play in teams or as individuals.
- Start the clock.
- Whoever finds all the items first, wins!
Grab a carton of eggs, a few spoons and the kids for some friendly competition in the yard.
- Choose one location to start at, and one to end at.
- Have everyone lineup and hold a spoon.
- Before you begin, place an egg on each spoon.
- The last person to make it to the end without touching or dropping the spoon is a rotten egg!
Swing into spring at a local amusement or water park and get your adrenaline racing. Be sure to check age and height requirements before visiting with children–and don’t forget your sense of adventure!
If you love spring for all its blooming beauty, a botanical garden or park visit could be a perfect family activity. Check online to find one in your community and remember to bring along you camera and some Children’s ZYRTEC® in case your child’s allergies act up!
Let the kids get creative in their own backyard while making an outdoor mess-terpiece!
- Take an old sheet and place it on your lawn.
- Fasten it in the grass with nails or wooden stakes.
- Fill empty spray bottles with water and watercolor paints.